Reporting to the Office Administrator, the Driver is to assist ChildFund to fulfill
their mission of working for the well-being of children by providing safe driving support and
general administration and logistical work.
REPORTING STRUCTURE / RELATIONSHIPS
The Driver works closely with the Finance Manager, the HR & Support Services Manager,
Communication Officer, other Managers and Sponsor Relations team.
• Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested by Representative
• Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
• Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
• Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the Socialist republic of in Lagos road
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally
• Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
Car Security & Maintenance
• Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
• Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
• Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water,
battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
• Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
• Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations,
maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
• Assist the Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated
according to schedule
• Prepare budget plan for vehicle
• Assist in the purchase of new vehicles as required
Car Logbook maintenance
• Log official trips, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
• Provide assistant to the Office Administrator in the time working at the office, including
but not limited to:
* Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as per requirements
* Photocopying, filing, handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, carrying
parcels, packages, and delivery and collection of official documents as per required
* Assisting in organizing and maintaining the library system; arranging meetings,
training and workshop activities
* Maintaining office storage facility/garage (ensuring it is clean, secure, dry and
• Participate in the team buildings of Child Fund and contribute to the development and
promotion of Child Fund values culture and learning approach as required.
Relationship Building & Representation
• Participate in external workshops, working groups, training and other meetings relevant
to Child Fund’s safe driving standards.
• Establish appropriate information-sharing relationships with staff in similar positions
within other and car rental companies
• Manage Child Fund relationship with other drivers/car rental companies ensuring driving
standards, passenger safety requirements and driver courtesy and punctuality is
This is a full-time position with regular and extensive travel to Child Fund’s
program areas in (maximum 80% of time for driving).
The successful candidate will be offered a three-year contract. Salary will be set according
to experience and qualifications, in accordance with Child Fund’s salary scale.
Other working conditions and benefits are outlined in Child Fund’s HR and Operations
PERSONAL QUALITIES, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Understanding of transportation law
Good traffic judgment
Good knowledge about car mechanics
Knowledge of the location of Lagos roads,offices, hotels
Knowledge on operation and maintenance of the office equipment
Excellent driving skills
Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills
Good communication skills
Good in communicating in English
Minimum of 5 years experience as driver with good driving record
Method of application:
Interested candidates should forward their CV to parkviewresources @gmail.com