1. Writes, drafts and/or edits, and submits for final approval: press releases, articles,
newsletter submissions, news stories, features, backgrounders, profiles, book chapters,
marketing/advertising materials, indices, handbooks, bulletins, and/or scholarly works;
2. Edits all elements for style, substance and organization. Reorganizes text to create
consistency in grammar, format, and message. Recommends substantive editorial
changes as needed. Reviews, proofs and fact-checks all copy, and may perform layout
work of a detailed and complex nature;
3. Oversees all aspects of production, often of multiple publications; copy editing, fact
checking and quality assurance stages; often using desktop publishing or other
publication-specific software tools;
4. Provides text and technical services to developing and maintaining Web pages and/or
other forms of electronic communication;
5. Organizes copy flow, coordinates multiple production schedules and printing deadlines;
troubleshoots and remedies related issues;
6. Coordinates relationship with vendors/readers/customers; negotiates, researches and coordinates requests for proposals (RFPs), and makes recommendations to manager on
7. May be responsible for managing to a prescribed budget, typically when coordinating
production; may also participate in budget development by summarizing, researching,
analyzing past expenditures;
8. May serve as liaison to contributors/faculty/authors and others directly involved in the
published work: solicits chapters, edits submissions, conveys editorial comments,
resolves issues, ensures deadlines are met;
9. May ensure permissions standards for content and image are consistent and documented; may coordinate post production activities, such as mailing, mail house
arrangements, coordinating copyright registration, and permissions activities.
10. May oversee distribution of press releases to media; take photographs; maintain photo,
clip and contact files; may organize and over see photo shoots, reporter visits, media
launches, and related events as directed;
11. May assist in training, scheduling and distributing work to other staff members, students,
interns, casuals and temporary workers.
12. Oversee and manage all aspects of producing the Catalogue, Free Guide, flyers, and website.
13. Coordinate with other departments to gather information and issue writing assignments.
14. Manage the process and communication with outside vendors in relation to the production of publications.
15. Write, edit, and proofread content for all publications (print/digital).
16. Select, train, and manage interns and freelance writers, staying within the designated budget for all hired freelancers.
17. Create and implement a production schedule and paginations in coordination with the Graphic Designer.
18. Organize proofing process, ensuring all protocols and approvals are met.
19. Input and change content in database throughout the production process.
20. Assist with additional website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
* Degree in mass communication, literature, or related field
* Minimum of 2 years working experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and covering letter to baselinegroupng @gmail.com.Your covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above.
Shortlisted applicant will be contacted