CHOGON Specialty cleaning synopsis for daily janitorial activities.
I. JANITORIAL SERVICES
• Daily janitorial services
• Daily mopping of hard floors with Kentucky mop sweepers impregnated with self-shine polish
• Daily vacuum cleaning of all carpeted at least am and pm
• Daily cleaning of reflective glass and windows
• Daily cleaning of anodized partitions
• Daily cleaning of doors and panels
• Daily cleaning of cabinets, furniture, handsets and other equipment
• Daily cleaning of suspended ceiling boards
• Daily removal of cobwebs
• Daily removal of waste from office locations
CLEANING OF RESTROOMS
All rules of sanitation apply in the restroom. We define a clean restroom as;
• All dispensers are clean and correctly filled
• All fixtures are clean and free of soils, fingerprints, marks etc
• All toilet seats are clean, dry, and free of soils, urine, body fluids, spots, stains etc
• All urinals are serene, clean and free of soils, urine, body fluids, spots, stains etc
• All restroom floors are clean, dry, slip resistant and free of soils, urine, body fluids, spots, stains etc
• Restroom is air fresh and free of unpleasant odors
• All partitions, doors, door knobs, wall, ceiling are clean and free of soils, urine, body fluids, spots, stains etc
• All lights are operating properly and light fixtures are clean free of soils, urine, body fluids, spots, stains etc.
We employ the following steps in cleaning of restrooms:
• Surveillance and checks
• Daily scrubbing of toilet bowls
• Daily removal of water stains
• Daily scrubbing of toilet floors
• Daily squeegee of toilet windows
• Daily disinfections of restrooms
CHOGON SPECIALTY CLEANING SERVICES
a. HARD FLOOR CLEANING
Hard floor or stone floor as they are generically referred to has gained increasing popularity due to its aesthetic appeal and durability especially in commercial buildings, lobbies and common circulation areas.
The more porous the floor, the higher the need to use a sealer. But we use impregnators, which are the highest grade of a sealer that penetrate into the stone and does not inhibit breathing of the floor. However the general principles of stone floor maintenance are applied as follows;
For daily general cleaning of stone floors, we use liquid soap with a neutral pH of about 6.8 – 7.2 to ensure that the floor does not etch as will happen with acidic solutions or become cloudy when alkaline solutions are used.
HARD FLOOR CLEANING – Daily Cleaning
• Walk off mat – Walk off mats placed outside and inside an entrance remove most sand, dirt and grit from being tracked onto stone floors. Adequate walk off mats should be selected for the entrances of your offices. We advise clients on using the seven - step rule in selecting appropriate walk off mats. The rule states that it takes about seven steps to remove loose dirt from the bottom of shoes as people walk into a facility. This should be borne in mind when buying mats. Walk off mats must be regularly cleaned at least hourly in high traffic zones or more whenever deemed necessary.
• Mop sweep, Mop sweep, Mop sweep using dust control mop sweeper.
• Vacuum to pick up grit and sand.
• Daily mopping with neutral natural soap as stated above. Natural soap that we use leaves a thin protective film to help repel soiling as against detergent which opens up stone surface causing surface to get dirty more quickly.
• Wet /dry vacuum and or floor squeegee to remove wet residue immediately after mopping.
• Soft bristle brush is used on grouting.
HARD FLOOR CLEANING – Stripping and Scrubbing
• Weekly stripping and scrubbing of non-polished hard floors high traffic areas with standard rotary scrubber with drive-board
• Monthly stripping of polished and coated hard floors with standard rotary machine and stripper
HARD FLOOR CLEANING – Polishing and Buffing
• Select appropriate floor care solutions to be used e.g. high solid content polish and finish are appropriate for marble, terrazzo and other porous agglutinate, low solid content or maintainer for glazed tiles; vitrified, granite etc.
• Monthly polishing and buffing of all floors with high-speed buffer.
• Polishing of high traffic areas as required weekly, fortnightly etc using high-speed buffer.
Longer-term maintenance of hard floor may require the following
Recrystalization – a process of nitrifications to restore the original shine after a period of use
Honing/Rehoning – a process of abrasive finishing of stone floor to smoothen the surfaces
CHOGON CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING
Carpet and upholstery cleaning requires due care, skill and attention. Leveraging on appropriate technology is paramount for proper carpet cleaning and maintenance.
Carpet cleaning is divided into 3 as follows;
CARPET- General cleaning
General activities to ensure the adequate life span and maintenance of carpets;
• Spot cleaning of water-soluble stains.
• Surveillance to remove offending substances.
• Relaying and rearrangement.
• Mechanical protection using overlays etc.
• Daily regular vacuuming to remove grit and sand.
• Manual soft /bristle brush removal of sand and grit especially from high traffic areas.
CARPET CLEANING - Dry system
1) HOST DRY CHEMICAL EXTRACTION CARPET CLEANING SYSTEM
We employ this powerful breakthrough technology in our carpet maintenance. It is suitable for general maintenance; mild soiling and heavy soiling and can restore carpets that ordinarily appear written off.
The Host machine first brings up all the sand and grit hidden in crevices and also goes beneath the carpet, which makes it spectacular compared to other similar machines. 80 – 90 % of the silt is removed in this first process. Thereafter a specially formulated chemical called host sponges, is applied and driven into and beneath the carpet with the machine. It undergoes a chemical reaction with the remaining sand, silt and grit and brings it up to the surface and is subsequently removed with vacuum machine.
The system is fast, uses no water, leaves no residual odour and materials are non allergenic and inert
2) BONNET EXTRACTION METHOD
This is a semi dry method that we use. It is very efficient for high traffic areas. A bonnet pad is applied using a standard low speed scrubber with very little shampoo. It cleans and dries the carpet immediately.
CARPET CLEANING - Wet system
1). ROTARY SHAMPOO
This is the common wet system employing carpet shampoo and standard rotary machine. It is a wet system, which is followed with extraction with wet vacuum extractor followed by drying with floor drier.
SUMMARY - CLEANING OF CARPETS AND UPHOLSTERY
• Weekly dry chemical extraction (HOST) cleaning of high traffic areas or as required using carpet chemical extractor
• Monthly shampoo cleaning of all carpeted areas using with standard rotary machine with shampoo brush
• Quarterly shampoo cleaning of all upholstered furniture
CHOGON REFLECTIVE GLASS AND ANODIZED PARTITIONS CLEANING
• Monthly washing of reflective glass with abrasive window washer
• Monthly squeegee of reflective glass with NUMATIC squeegees
• Monthly polishing of anodized partitions
d. WASHING OF BLINDS
Quarterly washing and cleaning of tiled walls and building exterior
CHOGON POST CONSTRUCTION (PRE-OCCUPATION) CLEANING
Scrapping & chemical dissolution of cement, paint & other stains
•Stripping and Scrubbing of Hard floor
•Polishing and Buffing of Hard floor
•Professional Sanitization and restroom maintenance
•Professional cleaning of reflective glass doors, frames and partition, chemical dissolution of cement & other stains, washing and squeegee of glass, polishing of frames
For Services, Contact:
Chogon facilities Services Limited