- Responsible for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements;
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions;
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis;
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected;
- Coordinate with Safety Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work
environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the
project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors.
- Ensure new hires are orientated to the Valard Construction, and all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on site, HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and log books, fall protection plans etc.
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
- Other duties as required.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum of OND in relevant degree is required with prior experience in infrastructure projects;
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and must be fluent in English (Oral & Written);
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their CV with a cover letter to baselinegroupng @gmail.com using the title of job applying for as the subject mail.
Shortlisted applicant will be contacted